Underwear For Men is pleased to recognize September as Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Prostate Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death in men in the US. However, 98% of men, if diagnosed early, survive. If you are over 50, this is a must read.
Be aware. Be informed.
More than 200,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year. Prostate cancer is treatable by a medical professional. It requires a medical diagnosis and lab tests or imaging.
Prostate cancer symptoms include frequent urination, dull pain in the lower back, trouble urinating and blood in the urine. But sometimes, there are no symptoms at all. Some types of prostate cancers grow slowly and can be monitored by a doctor. Some are aggressive and require radiation, surgery, chemotherapy or other treatments.
Age: As men age, their risk of prostate cancer increases. It is recommended that men over 50 years old talk to their doctors about screening. If you have a higher risk due to family history or ethnicity, get checked earlier. Since there isn’t a way to prevent prostate cancer, it is important to keep your prostate healthy. Eat right, exercise, watch your weight and quit smoking.
Diet: Men who are obese have a greater risk of dying from prostate cancer. It is important to lose weight and keep it off.
Ethnicity: African-American men have the highest risk of getting prostate cancer. There are 200 cases for every 100,000 men.
Family History: Men with a family history of prostate cancer, face the highest risk. They are 2 in 11 times more at-risk than men without family history.
Smoking: Men who smoke double their risk of getting prostate cancer. The risk goes down within 10 years of quitting.
Underwear For Men Will Be There to Support Your Manhood Before, During, and After Prostate Cancer
Being diagnosed with prostate cancer is a scary thing. Depending on the stage of cancer, your doctor might suggest a biopsy, wait and see, radiation, surgery, cryotherapy, hormone therapy or chemotherapy. Some of the temporary and long-term symptoms from the treatments can include incontinence, erectile dysfunction and impotence. Be informed of the risks for each kind of treatment.
No matter what treatment your doctor recommends to heal your prostate, Underwear For Men will be there to support your manhood. Every day we receive emails, calls and letters from men whose lives have been changed by Underwear For Men.
- Men who needed support immediately following prostate surgery. Men who needed a solution to hold their incontinence guard in place, and eliminate the risk of accidents, for a few months or for the rest of their lives.
- Men who needed a boost of confidence when they felt less like a man. Underwear For Men’s US patented and Intl patents pending pouch was there to isolate and support. Unlike any other men’s underwear brand on the market, our pouch is adjustable to fit your size so that it holds your manhood gently in place. The pouch eliminates chafing, sweating and adjusting.
Recommended By Urologists
The same stylish men’s briefs and boxer briefs that our customers love for sports, work and everyday are recommended by Urologists for support and comfort after prostate surgery. In 2016, Underwear For Men made its medical debut at the American Urological Association World Conference and has participated every year since.
- Eliminates the risk of Urine Leakage by LOCKING the disposable pad in place. (UFM recommends Depends Brand, although most work fine)
- Provides adjustable support and comfort in a soft, breathable pouch.
- Moisture wicking fabrics keep you cool, dry and chafe free.
- Streamlined tailoring prevents bunching and rolling.
- Gives a boost of confidence when you need it most.
- Feels like having nothing on.